Thursday, January 27, 2011

I can haz business casual?



So this is my random attempt at doing "business casual".


Backstory: After many hours staring off into oblivion, contemplating the "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIIIIIFFEEE??" question, I decided that I needed to start looking into big-girl jobs for after I graduate (I have 1 year left at my university).



But, GAH!
There are so many things you have to do like:
Workshops! Internships! Mentorships! Career fairs! Career advising! More workshops! Resume workshops! This-is-why-you-suck-but-we-can-help-you-maybe workshops!
And soon I found myself in that last workshop, with a very prim woman insisting that I learn how to dress business casual.

Business casual?
Bleh!
But I thought I'd give it a try.
The blazer is my roommate's, white shirt is thrifted, and everything else is from Target. (Seriously, EVERYTHING else... o_O )
And, I'm not gonna lie; I not going to wear those shoes. I have a chronic heel problem (that is, a problem with the shoes, not a medical problem lol) which I am sure I will divulge later in this blog, but I never wear heels.
Yep business casual is like living a lie, but you do these things when you are trying to be a grown up.

And it sometimes it definitely feels like you are wading through your quarter-life-crisis with nothing but a pair of swim trunks and some water wingies but.....
at least the water is only neck deep?

Water wingies. Now on my wishlist.


But now I must abscond, for the apartment on top of mine is getting new carpet installed and the noises emanating from above sound like the apocalypse is coming.

Toodles,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment